LaunchBox Community Forums

Configuring Command-Line Parameters For DEMUL

fortysixandtool89

For whatever reason, I cannot run DEMUL in Fullscreen mode. When I attempt to, I either get a black fullscreen or a freeze frame of the Dreamcast bios. I have an I7 processor so it should be able to handle it. Dolphin's Gamecube emulator runs flawlessly in fullscreen mode. I've decided to go another route and play the games in the Window form at near full screen after hiding the Start Menu Task Bar at the bottom of the screen. Now, I want to hide the emulator file menu at launch. The shortcut to hide the file menu is "F3". If anyone can help me put that into the correct format so the Command Line can execute that shortcut at launch, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Unless they have command line documentation you can't just put a shortcut through like that, usually. That does sound like a settings error. I would check the video settings and make sure things like vsync or triple buffering are toggled. I don't remember the defaults and I can't get in to demul right now. You may even need to try changing the rendering method. I don't remember if demul has a software rendering method, but swapping between DirectX 11 or Software might make a difference too. Your CPU type doesn't matter as much as much as how new it is, what speed is it (which is directly tied to the age, as a 3Ghz CPU today and a 3Ghz CPU from 3 years ago are not the same thing at all), and if you have a GPU that supports Direct X 11. If Dolphin is working though, and you're on the latest, then you should have the right hardware as Dolphin also uses DirectX 11 (maybe 12?) so this leads me to a settings issue.