LaunchBox Community Forums

Setting up 1964 Ultrafast v3

NightmareTK

Hi, I try to use the emulator 1964 Ultrafast v3.0 instead of the Project64 emulator because it works a lot better with my games (Perfect Dark, Pilotwings etc.). Unfortunately I am not able to set it up correctly, so that the rom starts directly from Launchbox/Bigbox. One example: I rightclick on a game, Edit -> Emulation -> Add. Then navigate until the .exe and when I try to play that game I only see the emulator with the rom list instead of directly booting into the rom. As I see this community is great, so maybe someone can help me out here with a commandline or script or something like that. Thank you very much in advance.

I had this issue a while back as well... i just ended up creating a .bat file and adding that to Launchbox/Bigbox here is my .bat commands that i use. EXAMPLE cd %~dp0 start 1964.exe -v Glide64.dll -c NRage_Input_V2.dll -g C:\Roms\NintendoN64\Roms\PerfectDark.v64 "H:\Seans files\Emulators\N64\N64\1964-GE.X-GE-PD\1964-60FPS-Build-GoldenEye-Perfect-Dark-Edition\1964-MnKB\Mouse Injector.exe" EXAMPLE !!Obviously a straight copy paste of this would not work for you since our directories will not be the same but that is just an example!! ( Plz excuse my messy ass directory, this is actually not the .bat file i use for my BigBox pc but its for my Main Rig where i have added this to my Steam Library and as you can see i use a mouse injector for PD and GE since im sitting at a desk not on a couch ) Not sure how clued-up you are on command-lines for 1964 but ill tell you whatt each one does... " cd %~dp0 " = this is pretty much telling the CMD prompt to start in the directory of this .bat file... so my .bat file is in with my 1964.exe file.. this just cuts down on pasting my complete directory location to my 1964.exe file. " start 1964.exe " = kind of obvious, its a command to start 1964 "-v Glide64.dll " this is the command to tell 1964 to start with the " -Video plugin Glide64 " " -c NRage_Input_V2.dll " this is the command to tell 1964 to start with the " -Controller plugin NRage " " -g C:\Roms\NintendoN64\Roms\PerfectDark.v64 " this is the command to tell 1964 to open this " -Game PerfectDark " "-v" -> video plugin name "-a" -> audio plugin name "-c" -> controller plugin name "-g" -> game name to run "-f" -> play-in-full-screen Also to note, when dealing with spaces in you directory path like i have above with my "Mouse Injector" make sure to use Quatation marks otherwise it will not work. Update: So while writing this up i tried just using those commands in Launchbox... and yea you still get that issue were it just opens 1964 and displays a list of roms instead of opening to said game.... so what i did to fix this was i added this -g C:\Roms\NintendoN64\Roms\PerfectDark.v64 to the " Use custom command-line parameters " under the "emulation" tab in the " Edit Settings " area that you can choose when you right click a game in Launchbox. I also added the mouse injector to " Additional Apps " Hope this helps... im not the best at explaining things http://imgur.com/yM7q63b http://imgur.com/7bqHTdW