LaunchBox Community Forums

Genres

Styphelus

Not sure if this has been discussed before but are there plans to expand the Genres section in the DB? I've been submitting the Taito games and the current selection is very restrictive. For example, vertical shooters and side scrolling shooters are not technically shooters like first person shooters, but there's no way to differentiate them. 

Party games are another problem I added the "party" Taito games under either music or strategy because it seems like the Mario Party games are classified as strategy. However, strategy should apply to games like C&C or Starcraft or Civilization, not Mario Party style games.

It would be nicer to expand the Genres a bit. I'm not saying to get carried away with strategy, real time strategy, turned based strategy and so on. That would probably be too much, but adding a few more genres would be beneficial.

• Like 4