LaunchBox Community Forums

IMDB and THETVDB Scraper

Lordmonkus

I would suggest you look at the vast amount of already mature products for browsing/managing media collections. I use Plex on a server myself, which allows vastly better experience than anything that could be achieved in LaunchBox.

You can also look at the Kodi plugin for BigBox. Use Kodi for your movies and all other media then launch BigBox from that.

Yes, I am fully aware of other products out there and the Kodi plugin and I use Kodi myself with this plugin. I was simply asking the question of how difficult would it be to add in a scraper for people who just want to have a small collection of movies and TV shows in their Launchbox setup without the need of having another program.

Obviously Kodi and Plex are much better solutions for larger complex collections.

Sorry if I sounded dismissive. I will actually try to answer you question this time. I believe it wouldn't be that difficult at all due to the great amount of media databases with well documented APIs that already exist. Also there are plenty of open source resources to build the scrapper off of as well. It just depends on a developers work load and the priority this type of one off feature would be set at.