LaunchBox Community Forums

A Delay in RSS

SentaiBrad

For those that watch RSS and follow what we do on YouTube, I just want to let everyone know that RSS will be delayed from Tuesday to Thursday this week. My microphone broke, and I did a recording test like usual to get ready and noticed a loud screech in the backbround. Had it once before, but fixed it by unplugging the XLR cable and plugging it back in. I tried that again this time, and it didn't work. Tried re-seating the cables, different software and restarting the PC to no avail. A new mic is on the way, but this is why there will be a delay unfortunetly. From now on though, I should hopefully sound better. My mic before was great, but this one is even better!

• Like 2

*Sigh* So... RSS will not happen this week afterall, but it will next week and the tutorial will come out Friday evening instead of 10AM PST. I knew this mic required Phantom Power, but during the whole situation of figuring out whats going on and rushing to order the new mic, I missed it. So I 1-day shipped the Phantom Power supply from Amazon, but it was after 5PM, so it will be here on Friday in the afternoon time.

So Jason's not mad, im kicking myself a bit for the over sight, and as long as no one else is mad I think we're ok. I'll still come out of this ahead in audio equipment, but the sudden delay instead of transitioning over smoothly sucks, and I hate not being able to put out the content that some of you are starting to come to love and watch weekly. I do pride myself on being there every week at the same time, so please forgive us once more while we sort this out.