LaunchBox Community Forums

can anyone help

orac31

you need to use a program called PIgz , you should have 2 files in the folder with the roms you want to convert, 1 is called pigz.exe the other is unpigz.exe. this is alot faster as it allows multi threading.

my suggestion copy 1 game (Backup) to a folder with the pigz.exe

assuming all your games are single file iso or bin , make a bat file with the code below and place in the same folder as pigz.exe  and the game , just run it and it will convert the game/s

this should convert your game , it also should delete the old game file (hence why i said make a backup)

for %%i in (*) do (

pigz -9 "%%i")

i removed all my file extensions from my games before i zipped them due to the zipped game ending up with a double extension  something like gamename.iso.gz

to remove all extensions use bulk rename utility

once you are happy that the first game compressed fine , then make a folder and put multiple games in there with pigz and the bat file and it will convert all of them, due to the way the bat file  reads the extensions (*) it will zip the bat file up so you will need to unzip to use again, i had to do this as some games would'nt compress automatically (it just skipped them)

hope this helps

anyone who as compressed there ps2 files to BZ2, will know it's time consumingand probably wont want to unzip them as it takes ages.

i wrote an AHK script to decompress them automatically, just install autohotkey and place the script at the bottom of the post in a txt file (change extensio to ahk) also set the path to your pcsx2 emulator in the script and place the script in the same folder as ps2filelist.txt

ps2filelist.txt needs to  include full file path like this

D:\Sony Playstation 2\Warriors of Might and Magic (USA).BZ2

D:\Sony Playstation 2\Warriors Orochi (USA).BZ2

D:\Sony Playstation 2\Warriors Orochi 2 (USA).BZ2

D:\Sony Playstation 2\Warriors, The (USA).BZ2

D:\Sony Playstation 2\Warship Gunner 2 (USA).BZ2

D:\Sony Playstation 2\Water Horse, The - Legend of the Deep (Europe).BZ2

run H:\Emulators\PCSX2 1.4.0\pcsx2.exe

sleep, 1000

Send {f10}

Send {v}

Send {p}