LaunchBox Community Forums

Hide boxart in game details? (Bigbox)

dannyg86

Is it possible to hide the boxart in the game details (when you view the game prior to launching) ?

The reason why I want this is that there is simply too much visual duplication, you have:

- Game name

- Clear logo

- Boxart

Those three are all basically doing the same thing. I'd like to just use either the boxart (if you could position it at the top left of the screen) or the clearlogo and hide the name and boxart.

It also covers up the fanart or whatever you have set to the background image for your game details view.

PS: If I need to put this as a feature request on bitbucket, I will happily do so.

Cheers!

This type of customization has always been there; go to Tools -> Options, and on the left hand side of the options menu go to Game Details. You can edit and add most of the info here (I like showing the games file name for example, as it can help figure out duplication a lot easier without needing to leave LB). There is also a ton more customization if you have LaunchBox premium, like spacing, fonts, colors, and Image Priorities. If you need any more help then please let us know!

I totally missed that you mentioned BigBox, I am so sorry. X_X

So there are different views that you can swap to and different themes available for users to download from the site if you want to customize BigBox on a level that requires things to be severely changed. As for hiding Box Art in BigBox, no that option doesn't exactly exist, but I believe it doesn't exist because most people leave them on. I think you might be one of the first people to want to turn it off. You can change the Image Type from Box Art to Clear Logo and that might help a bit and bring down the amount of noise on the screen at once, but I think your best bet would be a different built in BigBox view, to change the theme to one that someones already created, or to create the theme and share it with everyone on the site. If you would like to request features be added though, you are still more than welcome to do so, but I do believe the point was to hopefully get themes and views going for users who want that extra level of customization.