LaunchBox Community Forums

Submitting content for the LB Game Database/How do you export/import your own metadata?

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

Answered my own question on this.

This is a two-parter:

First, I am wondering how to submit content (mainly clear logos) to be included for scraping from the LB Database? I have a number of Japanese games that I either had to search really hard for or clip the clear logos from the game's box art (still a WIP on cleaning up images), but I would like to provide the artwork I do have to help others out with this down the road, once I am done with everything.

Second:

Is there a way to export and import metadata for games? For many games, I've had to manually fill in info to complete everything and I would like to not have to do this in the future should something require me to re-import my games. I don't see anyplace that would allow you to say use a TXT or RTF instead of what is in the metadata.xml... please don't tell me I'll have add everything there!! I have a feeling that will be the case... cringe.

Thanks!

Edited by CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

There is no way to import or export metadata currently, but this has been requested in the past. Jason also wants to create a feature that lets users upload metadata and images that they've put in to LaunchBox that is not on the LBGDB. The XML files in the Data folder is where everything is held.