LaunchBox Community Forums

SNES9X 1.53 esc key closing

labeattie

I'm thinking this will be easy to diagnose and fix. I'm running snes9x 1.53. When I launch it from launchbox, the esc key closes the emulator as expected, but when I launch snes9x from the desktop, the esc does not close the program. I've recently noticed that this causes a problem. If you save your game (in game saves, so s-ram data) and exit snes9x WITHOUT using the esc key, the s-ram data is saved as expected. However if you use the esc key to close snes9x it does NOT save on exit. I expect launchbox's esc protocol is somehow not a "proper" snes9x shut down. Any help to work around this (and still be able to use esc to close) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I suspect that the AutoHotKey script has something to do with it, as it uses an alternate more powerful method. I actually don't have a fix unless there is an alternate AHK script to use. I've been using RetroArch for so long I am also not completely sure. I know the AHK is more powerful to make sure it catches a wide variety of programs, and I never realized it could really conflict like this. This is the only function in LB I can think of that could mess with it though.

Ok thanks Brad. I know this problem isn't unique to launchbox. If interested, here's a post on the snes9x forums where a Maximus Arcade frontend was causing the same issue. http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23625

Also, for a workaround, is there an easy way I can disable the esc key within launchbox to keep me from making the mistake on reflex?