LaunchBox Community Forums

How to remove different region ROMs automatically after adding them to LaunchBox?

curls88

Hi, I have added about 6k roms to launchbox and each game has 5-7 clones, is there a fast way to remove all of them and just keep 1 region for each game or I have to do this manually?

Note : I know now how to keep just 1 rom but before adding them.. my question is after adding them, is there a way?

No, there is no way to automatically do it in LaunchBox. So I assume you're downloading Full Sets, to make it a lot more simple download only No-Intro sets, it will reduce your clutter. Past that, I use the Windows Search function to delete sports titles by searching specific keywords. On some sets, if there are certain regions with names (like Germany and France), there's no way I'm probably gonna play those, so I just delete those lock stock and barrel. Otherwise, it's kind of a guessing game. I keep Japanese and European exclusive games, and everything else NTSC. I then also have all my Japanese translated roms that will generally replace the original Japanese rom. It doesn't take too long to go through a list when you know what to look for, and putting that folders view to details also helps so they're all in a row.

Otherwise, there is also a rom delete function within LaunchBox. Once enabled, and you press delete on a rom, it will also ask you if you want to delete the rom file as well. I've just accepted the fact that I probably do have duplicates (though not as many since I started using No-Intro packs over a year ago), and if I do miss something after my first or second comb over, that I will just remove it from within LaunchBox. It's a lot easier than being obsessive about it, because I used to be that way and it is not really fun. I'm sure others have different methods, and I do think there is software out there than can help in this exact situation, but from what I have seen of software that will filter out roms like this is it was very very confusing to deal with, and in the long run it was simpler to just use the Windows Search, a quick pass through, then deal with it later if I come across anything.

Wow thats great.. so basically No intro has all games but instead of 6-7 clones just 1?

Are you using this website to download them or there is a better one?

Also are those all the available roms for No intro?

Thanks alot Brad for those valuable infos.

Edited by curls88

Please don't post specific links to websites from where you can get roms or bios, we sadly can't let users do that. Otherwise, if it's a No-Intro set, with a recent date, you're good to go. It shouldn't matter what site or torrent you grab it from necessarily. There won't be a no-intro set for every system, sometimes I'll grab TOSEC sets as well, but that will require more curation and sometimes some of the roms may not even work for some systems because they're more about preserving it at all costs. I don't think I've ever grabbed a Full Set in a very long time. There will be multiple versions of games, but only regional differences. You wont have 4 "bad rips", 3 hacked rips, 2 trainer rips, 5 good rips, 2 alternates, none of that BS.