LaunchBox Community Forums

Emumovie search hangs

Daddy4Kawaii

I'm a premium member for both launchbox and emumovies.  I used the art wizard to get all the art and info launchbox offers.  Now I'm trying to download emumovies art stuff as well.  I've tried multiple times, including restarting but emumovies gets stuck searching, cycling through all the options (banner, movies, marquee, etc.) non-stop.  It never finds anything to download.  I can download the art using emumovie's sync tool, though it'd be nice for launchbox to figure out what I need.

Is it common for it to cycle search for a long period of time and eventually decide to start downloading or should it download as it search every category? 

It will make a search through every category first, and the bigger the library (or amount of games you're running the update on), the longer it will take. It is also dependent on EmuMovies, if their servers are having some issues at all then it's going to go a bit slower. So granted, there are things that Jason can do to make it a bit faster, there almost usually always is, but in this case what you are saying is normal so far.

I've just been having the same problem. If I let tell Launchbox to update all (>4000) of the games in my Arcade list it sits there cycling through searches for a long time.

I've found that if I select just a subset of games, say 100 at a time it completes very quickly. To do this simply click on one game in the Launchbox menu, scroll down your list a bit and then hold down shift while clicking on another. You can then goto Tools -> Download Metadata and Images and it will download the data just for the games you've selected.

Maybe it would eventually complete the >4000 all at once but I haven't got the patience to wait :-)