LaunchBox Community Forums

Windows pc game emulator

Devestator76

Maybe I am misreading this, but you don't emulate Windows. The closest you can come is emulating DOS or Windows 3.11, but anything from Windows 98-ish onwards can be played in some form natively (some of the older stuff does have some issues though). So if you have GOG Games, windows games that you have discs for, Steam games, or other games purchased from other services you just import them. There is the Steam importer, you can use the Windows Games importer, or if you have a folder of shortcuts you can tell LaunchBox to import from that folder even (though then it will be tied to the shortcuts, I don't know if it would then be tied to the proper exe, I haven't tested this). There is a Win9x emulator in development for those pesky Windows 95/98 era games, but pretty much from then on there is no need for an emulator per se.

Otherwise, I would suggest clicking the tutorials button at the top of the forums to be taken to our YouTube channel and picking a system tutorial out from the list to start with. The SNES Tutorial is a beginner friendly tutorial that explains a lot of what you need to know about LaunchBox as well, at least when it comes to importing. There are a few feature specific tutorials as well.