LaunchBox Community Forums

Change the name on my license

MrAwesomeFalcon

EDIT: They totally hooked me up! Thanks Devs!

I bought a license a while ago, but when I did so I used my real name. I want to start recording videos for Youtube but don't want my real name being shown.

I tried manually editing the License.xml to have it show MrAwesomeFalcon instead of my real name but Launchbox no longer recognizes it as a valid License. I'm guessing that's because the random looking set of characters at the very end of the license is somehow indicative of what the info in the license is supposed to say. A sort of "tamper proof" method of stopping people from editing their (or others' licenses)

Is there any way I could just get my license changed? The main concern like I said before is just what's displayed in LB.

I can provide my license (only to official support staff or mods.) upon request.

Edited by MrAwesomeFalcon
Got my new license

Hi,

I have the same problem, but in my case, it was something related to the registry form. My name is "Miguel Angel Bernal Macias" and the name in the registry is "Miguel Angel Angel Bernal Bernal Macias".
I really would like to have it shown well, even only it's a minor aesthetic problem.

Lets see if someone tells us how to do it.

Thanks!