LaunchBox Community Forums

games wont launch

btrailz

6 minutes ago, In virtute Dei said:

This is in the games database subforum not the general sub to start but ill try to help, what emulator and rom are you trying to run, because you don't need premium to run the games?

Ive tried snes  nes and 64  when i double click a game or right click and click play nothing happens then i have tried zipped and unzipped roms i have gotten an error message but it shows  nothing

Ahh, have you opened retro arch and downloaded the cores for each system? By default you need mupen64plus core downloaded, nestopia for nes and snes9x for snes 

1. Open retro arch

2. Scroll down to online updater

3. then hit core updater

Then the list of all retroarch cores will be there to download. Hope that helps :) if not let me know 

Actually, those cores aren't the exact recommended ones anymore, they just haven't been changed. Bsnes Balanced for SNES. Nestopia works great as well as FCEUMM, so either works. N64 emulation isn't the greatest either way, and the new core for that isn't ready to go just yet.

You also need to make sure like @In virtute Dei said, that the core is downloaded, but the name here on the associated platforms page and on the left of LaunchBox match, RetroArch is linked properly in RetroArch (more when updating). He posted the video tutorial that will probably help the most.

I'll also move this thread.

I also just re-read the first post, No, Premium is not required for basic functionality. Jason tried really hard to make sure that Premium was an enhancement, not a veiled requirement. I helped as well trying to shape Premium the way it is now. We had long discussions about that. So he tried to make Premium a good value, while still having LaunchBox be completely usable by anyone.

• Like 1