LaunchBox Community Forums

FlowControl ImageType

Brian

The ImageType doesn't often seem to work for the games cover flow. Sometimes I get the box, other times I get the Clear Logo.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

<coverFlow:FlowControl Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="3" x:Name="FlowControl" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" ImageType="Boxes"

CurveAmount="0.0" CameraZPosition="9.0" VisibleCount="10" PageSize="6" Spacing="3" ItemZPosition="1" SelectedItemZPosition="5.25">

<coverFlow:FlowControl.CoverFactory>

<coverFlow:HorizontalWheelCoverFactory />

</coverFlow:FlowControl.CoverFactory>

<coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>

<DropShadowEffect ShadowDepth="0" Direction="0" Opacity="1"/>

</coverFlow:FlowControl.Effect>

</coverFlow:FlowControl>

Edited by Brian

I've tried both ImageType="Clear Logo" and ImageType="Clear Logos" and both seem to give me the "Box Front" for platforms such as the NES and the N64. For the Gamecube on the other hand, I do get the clear logo, but I'm unable to get the Boxes.

I'm using v6.12, if that's any help.

Edited by Brian

For the boxes it should be 

<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Row="5" TransitionSelector="{Binding BottomBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BottomBoxesView}" /> and change the grid row to what ever row or column you placed them in in the theme.

Edited by Maddoc1007

On the coverflow with details it only shows the platform logo not the game logos.  Also check in LaunchBox and make sure that it is pointing to the correct folder where you have your game boxes in LaunchBox tools, manage platforms, folders tab, click on the platform that boxes are'nt showing up for see screenshot

Untitled.png

For the BottomBoxesView on the Platform view, I have

<transitions:TransitionPresenter HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding BottomBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BottomBoxesView}" >

<transitions:TransitionPresenter.Effect>

<DropShadowEffect ShadowDepth="8" Direction="220" Opacity="0.75"/>

</transitions:TransitionPresenter.Effect>

</transitions:TransitionPresenter>

Which strongly resembles your suggestion. But sometimes I get the clear logos, and sometimes the boxes.

recent.jpg

n64.jpg

I think I found one of the issue. The ImageType you see seems to be based on the selected ImageType in the LaunchBox application. This is true for both the coverflow (on the games view) and the recent games (on the platform view). So there doesn't seem to be a way to 'force' one of the views.

imagetype.jpg

Adding the / would create an invalid XML.

<transitions:TransitionPresenter HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding BottomBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BottomBoxesView}"></transitions:TransitionPresenter>

is the same as

<transitions:TransitionPresenter HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" VerticalAlignment="Stretch" Grid.Column="1" TransitionSelector="{Binding BottomBoxesTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding BottomBoxesView}"/>

The / is just a shortcut. For when there aren't any child nodes inside the tag.

I think it's some kind of bug. The ImageType attribute seems to be overwritten with the default value in the CoverFlowWithDetailsGamesView.xaml, on the WheelGamesView.xaml the ImageType attribute seems to work as expected.

Submitted the issue.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1