LaunchBox Community Forums

How to "set" alternate boxart

Shaeree

So... When I right-click, edit, there's a list of images in the lower right-hand corner... But how do I "set" one of those as the boxart to use for the game? (It seems to always want to pick the MegaDrive versions, when I'd rather have the Genesis version.)

Edit: I just found 'Flip Box' which appears to cycle through all boxart... Will that persist through app/computer shutdowns, and is it the only way to explicity choose a boxart image?

Edit 2: BigBox doesn't show the new images I picked out after 'flipping' to the alternate image--so BigBox and LaunchBox are showing different images from each other.  I can go in to the game details and flip the box, but it doesn't stick.  Is there any way to fix this?

Edit 3: Digging around in the image folders, I noticed the images I don't want are all in the other regions' folders--is there a way to tell LaunchBox that I want it to prefer images from my own location/region?

Edited by Shaeree

Not yet, but more Region options have been suggested and requested a lot. There are Bit Bucket tickets for this at our Bit Bucket, and that would be the best way to let Jason know what he should be working on, voting for the tickets that you want done the most. Click on Issues / Requests at the top of the websites page (not the Database page). I know he does want to work on this stuff, but it is just him coding and developing.

Groovy, thanks!

I found that I could force BigBox to show the image I want by setting the region on the individual game...

Edit: Also looks like appending (USA) to the end makes LaunchBox correctly identify the region during import.

Edited by Shaeree