LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble with magic engine big box

Menzicosce

First just want to say love the program, both launch and big box are perfect for my collection and my needs, pretty straight forward and the tutorials and FAQs are helpful.

that being said I am having a small issue. I am using magicengine for my TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine games. I am able to load the emulator in launch box. I can add roms to the library but am running into some issues.

1. When I click on a rom in launch box it doesn't open the rom directly, it opens magicengine and I have to manually select the rom from within magicengine, i can play the game but was wondering if there is a way to boot directly into the game?

2. I am not able to use magicengine at all on Big box, I can see the emulator and the rom list in the box box menu and when I click on the rom it again brings me to the magicengine app screen, however this time when I click the option to load rom the screen is black except for the info bar at the bottoms which says "load rom image..." and then that goes way and nothing happens. Is there something or someway I need to configure the emulator in launch box or a command line I need to enter. 

I alrecjate ant and all assistance