LaunchBox Community Forums

Problems updating to RetroArch 1.4

Riffman81

So I noticed the new version of RA had been released and since I had some time, I decided to go ahead and update. Upon completing the update and after updating assets, cores, etc through RA. I went to launch a SNES game through LB and noticed the overlay I normally use was gone. RetroArch seems to be launching games and using the retroarch.cfg, and not my custom configs as I have set in LB? It's doing this for a number of systems and for the life of me I can't figure out why... Is there something I need to set before running a game in LB for RA to use my custom configs? I'd hate to have to go through each system again and reconfigure each one just to use the updated RA. Also, the default KB settings have changed in RA. You now use the Enter and Backspace keys to make selections in the RA menu... where can I find a change log or something explaining everything that has been changed in this new version of RetroArch? Tried the forums but nothing...

If you're using custom configs you should be using the -C command in the associated platforms tab. Did you not have these previously? Also, updating from the online updater doesn't fully update RetroArch. I tested it out a while ago (so they could have changed that), and the exe's never get updated, so you'll also need to grab those from the site (or the full download again like I usually do). So for GBA as an example, this is my associated platform line: "-L "cores\mgba_libretro.dll" -c "config\mgba_libretro.cfg"".

Also yea, backspace and enter happened a while ago in the nightlies, and I came across it in the middle of a tutorial (like usual xD). I think they did it because it makes more sense? As for a change log though, I have no clue if they keep one.

If you're using custom configs you should be using the -C command in the associated platforms tab. Did you not have these previously? Also, updating from the online updater doesn't fully update RetroArch. I tested it out a while ago (so they could have changed that), and the exe's never get updated, so you'll also need to grab those from the site (or the full download again like I usually do). So for GBA as an example, this is my associated platform line: "-L "cores\mgba_libretro.dll" -c "config\mgba_libretro.cfg"".

Also yea, backspace and enter happened a while ago in the nightlies, and I came across it in the middle of a tutorial (like usual xD). I think they did it because it makes more sense? As for a change log though, I have no clue if they keep one.

My command lines look exactly like yours and yes I've always used -C command in the associated platforms tab. I didn't update RetroArch from the online updater (just cores, etc), I did a fresh install and even double checked with your "Updating RetroArch" tutorial video just to make sure I did things correctly. Ultimately I reverted back to my previous RA 1.3.6 install until I can figure out what's changed in RA that's causing the issue. It's seems to just ignore my custom config files all together. Platforms that don't use a custom config seem to work properly. I'll double check this when I get home from work tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure unfortunately. However, I downloaded a nightly build and scrapped everything except my custom configs, did a clean install of RA and updated cores etc. placed my configs back in the proper folder, pointed LB to the new .exe and now everything is back to normal... makes no sense to me as I've been updating RA the way you said to in the tutorial for a long time now, never had any issues until now. Wish I could shed some more light on the issue I was having but truthfully, I have no clue what happened. Maybe I didn't copy something correctly or missed something? It was 3AM so... :P

Anyway, all is back to normal, thanks for the help@SentaiBrad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk