LaunchBox Community Forums

After Effects Question

CTRL-ALT-DEFEAT

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone would be willing to help me on this, but I've got a question regarding After Effects CC 2017.1.

I'm working on a Game Theme for Darkmere on the Amiga. There isn't a lot of art you can find for the game, so I am trying to spruce things up with some animations. In the scene I am composing, I have some fog animated on the floor, but there is a torch that I want to bring to life, as well. I followed a tutorial for how to create the fire effect I was wanting, but now I am unsure how to get that composition into my theme composition with the flame part isolated from it's background so I can place it over the torch flame in the picture (hope I am explaining this right).

I saved the flame comp as a separate project, but when I import it and drag the fire layer into the theme comp, it still has the color solid that I used to make it (black). Anyway to get this transparent so I can reposition/scale the flame over the torch in the pic?

Thank you for any help. I have a screen shot of the theme comp and the flame comp I want to put in it.

theme.png

fire.png