LaunchBox Community Forums

BB license

Ptondo

Was loving LB/BB till my computer decided to crap out on me  so had to get a new one but got an asus g11cd gaming beast . Was wondering how can I get my licence back for BB ?                                                                                                     And also how can I next time keep all my stuff had like 25 systems and videos  in BB have to redo every thing cuz can't get into the old ssd    but I guess gives me something to do  lol 

1 hour ago, Ptondo said:

Was loving LB/BB till my computer decided to crap out on me  so had to get a new one but got an asus g11cd gaming beast . Was wondering how can I get my licence back for BB ?                                                                                                     And also how can I next time keep all my stuff had like 25 systems and videos  in BB have to redo every thing cuz can't get into the old ssd    but I guess gives me something to do  lol 

My key file was sent to me via email so it was easy to recover. Best bet is to buy an external HDD to put a copy of your build on. I currently mirror my build on 2 5tb externals.

• Like 1

Thanks Brad and dmjohnox for the quick response well luck enuf I have all my roms on a 4tb hdd  but all the emulators and videos from emunation where on the internal not sure why I can't get into the Damm thing  I took it out and plugged into usb port on new computer but won't fire up ! 

Edited by Ptondo

sounds like dead diodes. Not much you can do with a dead ssd. And they dont give much warning when they are going unlike hard disks which often let you know with a whine. Furthermore, I have no clue as to if you can recover data off a dead ssd like you can sometimes with a dead HDD. In sum, I think you are just SoL, brother. Sorry to hear about the hard drive.

• Like 1