LaunchBox Community Forums

Better rom consolidation

alidan

Ok, I have wanted to dump entire libraries of games into launchbox for a while now, but till the consolidate roms was an option, I settled for just doing an usa search and dropping all those ones games into the program. 

So once I got 7.7 I tried dumping the entirety of the nes library into the game list... and an issue popped up without even scrolling down

1943: The Battle of Midway and 1943: The Battle of Valhalla are the same game, yet the program does not recognize them as the same game, just a different name for the japanese version, unless i'm wrong, but it appears to be an alternate name. 

So my question is, is the rom consolidation going to improve with future version knowing which roms are alternate names for the same game or is this up to the user to do, because this seems like a lot of work

going down to see mario, another ones pops up, mario bros and mario bros classic are also the same game it seems

Rockman and megaman

super mario 2 and super mario usa

I can only imagine there are quite a few more that aren't completely obvious