LaunchBox Community Forums

Have multiple sets ups for the same game?

mothergoose729

I use MAME through retoarch right now, but as I have gotten more into it I have started to run into a lot of limitations. One of the things I LOVE about retoarch is that I can use different types of controllers seamlessly within my games. For example, I love the sega genesis six button pad for arcade games like ghost N' Ghouls and street fighter. When I have people over though, they usually prefer to play with my fight stick. In retroarch that is really easy to do, you just unplug the genesis pad and plug in the fight stick, and viola.

MAME doesn't support seamlessly switching between different kinds of controllers, but I can pass in different configuration files in the command line, which can allow me to load mame configured to use different controllers. What I want to do is have different versions of the some game, kind of like what launchbox already does with multi disc games, but where each version has different command line arguments. Is this possible to do in launchbox? Would anyone be able to give me some tips on how best to set this up? Thank you.