LaunchBox Community Forums

Games background Videos in CityHunter Theme

MiamiLamiW

First off love BigBox best Launcher ever have my collection including Windows and with Kodi makes my HTPC a beast thanks for the product guys!

So I have CityHunter theme working with background Platform videos, custom clear logos and all that great customization works. However I cannot for the life of me get the same background Platform video to play once I select a Platform and I am browsing my games within the platform. it still uses the background art. I have set to use Game background videos in BigBox options but no go. Within the CityHunter theme folder under videos I put the same background video under the PlatForms sub folder in the BackGroundVideo folder but still no go. Please help lol!

PS: This is with the Vertical scroll wheel for both Platform and Games views

Edited by elitemanhood

CityHunter and CriticalZone only make use of the background video in certain views. So if the view doesn’t support it you won’t have any luck. Currently only 2 horizontal wheel views and one vertical wheel view (the one with the 4:3 fullscreen video on the right) support them.

But thanks for the input, I may consider that as an option for version 2.0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CriticalCid said:

CityHunter and CriticalZone only make use of the background video in certain views. So if the view doesn’t support it you won’t have any luck. Currently only 2 horizontal wheel views and one vertical wheel view (the one with the 4:3 fullscreen video on the right) support them.

Thanks that would be an awesome view to have the veritical games list with the game box art and screenshot/video with the background video in the background as a lot of the background cover art doesn't look to great in that view

4 hours ago, CriticalCid said:

It would be a neat idea.