Jump to content
LaunchBox Community Forums


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


CriticalCid last won the day on September 24 2019

CriticalCid had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

941 Excellent

About CriticalCid

  • Rank
    128-Bit Self Aware
  • Birthday 09/01/1992

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I'm sorry for the confusion. My post was only referring to the release dates. As for the names you are 100% right. Now that LaunchBox 11.3 and upwards uses the game title based on the region of your ROMs it even got messier as the publisher, for example, can also differ between regions in a lot of cases. So yeah, it’s just a compromise which could only be solved by adding region-specific data fields. Yeah, we had a Google doc for it but since then Jason added the rules to the database itself. When you add a new game you have some info-symbols next to every field which tell you the rules for said field. Here's the screenshot again, showing you what I mean:
  2. Actually, that isn't true. The rules are pretty clear on this. I remember that we had a few discussions about this back when we first established the database rules and the result was that the earliest release date is the best compromise. With that said, I admit that there are tons of US-based release dates in the database. I'm not sure if it's just a remnant of the old TheGamesDB data, which was the base for the LBGDB, or if some people making up their own rules again and just put the US-region dates in there because they personally prefer it… Screenshot from the database rules:
  3. You guys are most likely using a very old and outdated version of CriticalZone because this theme doesn't use this plugin since quite a while. To fix it you should remove your old version from your themes folder and download the latest version from the download section or the Big Box theme manager.
  4. This might be helpful for you
  5. I just tried again to import my Epic launcher games and the missing games that I’ve had reported a while ago are still missing. It’s most likely a bigger issue than just a temporal hiccup.
  6. I noticed that the new edit window only shows one value for each custom fields name. My Steam games all have multiple custom fields named “Tags” attached to them but in the edit window only one of the "Tags" fields shows up. To make things worse, all the other "Tages" fields that do not show in the edit dialog will be getting deleted once you save the game entry.
  7. You can get .dat files for Wii and Wii U here: https://dats.site/custom_system_datslist.php Unfortunately these are not the actual Redump dats. These dat files are based on the latest Redump sets which were converted to compressed file formats. Filenames are identical to the normal Redump images so they should work perfectly fine with your project. PS3 and Xbox 360 dats can be found in the mobasuite.com forums.
  8. LaunchBox doesn't know what a game requires in order to run it. It just launches a file either directly or through an emulator with parameters of your choice. Everything else is up to the game/emulator itself. If you want to play flash games you really should take a look at the Flashpoint project. https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/
  9. Thanks for bringing this project to my attention. That's really a great idea. Even though I don’t have any immediate need for it as I already use Retroplay’s pre-patched T-En collections, I will definitely keeping an eye out on this. Especially once they start to include other kinds of hacks to it, like improvement patches, it will begin to get really interesting for me.
  10. I just ran the importer again, still missing. You can grab Unreal Tournament for free in the Epic Store in case you'll want to get it for testing,
  11. Beta-10 fixed that issue for normal games but it still occurs if the game is launched as additional app. I also re-imported my games from the Epic Games store and noticed that the importer doesn’t find all of my games anymore. It now only finds 99 games out of 112. It doesn’t matter if I have ‘import duplicates’ checked or not (I don't own them in other stores aynway). I haven’t compared all of my games yet to identify the missing ones but the missing ones I noticed so far are: - Thimbleweed Park - Unreal Tournament - World War Z I’m pretty sure these games were detected when I imported my Epic games 2 weeks ago. Edit: Just tested it on a completely fresh LB installation. Same issue.
  12. Nope, this isn't the issue. I can't even replicate the behavior you've mentioned. Even when I leave the game details open and launch another game from within LaunchBox, the game switches inside Origin perfectly fine to the one I’ve started inside LaunchBox. Like I said, all other games are working perfectly fine. It’s only happening when I want to start a game from this particular collection. I always deactivate the LB Games DB search when I import PC games and haven’t linked any Origin games to the database yet. I’ve now tried to re-import the games into a complete new LaunchBox installation with only Origin metadata selected. Same behavior. Another thing to note is that it doesn’t matter if I have the game installed or not.
  13. You don't have to add them manually in the .xml. LaunchBox will automatically add all missing platforms on the next startup. The only thing you have to re-add in the LaunchBox settings are your emulators. Once you have added them you also need to change all your games to use the newly re-added emulators. I think that's all you have do to make it work.
  14. Ah, makes sense. Thanks for the clarification
  • Create New...