LaunchBox Community Forums

Delaying game launch

RecycledKaos

So i'm trying to launch a game that requires a different desktop resolution and I have an additional program all set up that automatically sets the resolution and reverts it after the game closes. The problem is the game starts a bit too quickly for it to register the resolution change. Is there a simple command line parameter that delays the games launch?

In other threads on the forums, and in posts around the net, I have seen it mostly be used in batch files. So that may be your best solution, but the command should be something like this:

timeout /t 10
(where the number is the amount of seconds)

It used to be sleep, but that may have been deprecated, and from what I can tell may try and make Windows 10 go to sleep, and since we really only support W7 and up now, Timeout should be it,

Here are some more resources:

http://www.wikihow.com/Delay-a-Batch-File

Also, I found the below thread just by searching "delay".

I figured it out. It was as simple as changing a .txt file to a .cmd file, puting it the root folder, and typing 

Sleep 5
start "" /w "loco.exe"

the /w makes the cmd window not close until the exe closes making apps that run after the launchbox target closes still work.

Edited by RecycledKaos