LaunchBox Community Forums

New games added to Games-DB not showing up in metadata search

clutchins

11 minutes ago, clutchins said:

I've been adding some Saturn titles to Games-DB in the last couple of days and none of them are showing up when I search for them in the app. Any reason for this?

Hi, yes several reasons. Contributions to the games database need to be approved by a moderator, so are therefore queued and may not yet of been approved. Secondly, the actual database xml in launchbox is updated daily, but only if you add a new game or do something similar, like updating existing data, so you may not even have the most recent data, you may need to prompt it. Thirdly your submission may have been rejected. Best way to check is to go to the database on the site and search for what you added and see if its there yet. Hope that helps, any more questions fire away.

9 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

Hi, yes several reasons. Contributions to the games database need to be approved by a moderator, so are therefore queued and may not yet of been approved. Secondly, the actual database xml in launchbox is updated daily, but only if you add a new game or do something similar, like updating existing data, so you may not even have the most recent data, you may need to prompt it. Thirdly your submission may have been rejected. Best way to check is to go to the database on the site and search for what you added and see if its there yet. Hope that helps, any more questions fire away.

I've checked on one of my submissions and it has been approved. How can I prompt the xml to update?

1 minute ago, clutchins said:

I've checked on one of my submissions and it has been approved. How can I prompt the xml to update?

You just need to do something that will look for metadata, my suggestion, just go to a very popular game say Mario 64, right click, edit, then at the top right where it has the database number, hit the x next to it delete the database number then search for it again from there, and it will prompt if there is a newer version.

6 minutes ago, clutchins said:

Yeah it did. Sorry to not get back to you. It ended up working a day or two after I had my entry accepted. I'm trying two more games this way and will post if I have any more issues. Thanks!

OK cool, no worries. Yeah as I said a moderator needs to approve 1st which may take a day or two depending on how busy the mods are and how many games are queued for approval. Once approved your local metadata needs to be updated to match the current database metadata, that is done daily on the server but I don't know what time as the servers are USA based, once the server metadata is updated you need to force refresh your local metadata to pull in the new metadata. Yeah ask away if you have any other issues.