LaunchBox Community Forums

Background Music Doesn't Play Nice With Shortcuts?

Kriven

Hey guys. Recently I decided it would be more fun if the background music in Big Box would just cycle through all of my music on a shuffle instead of the same song or few songs. That way I could experience something I don't listen to all the time--kind of like when you turn on the radio and get something you forgot existed and you're like "Aw yeah dude, I love this song!"

So I made up a nice .m3u playlist in the Music folder that points to all of the music tracks I own. Then I copied that and pasted a shortcut in the Background folder. Just to be sure it worked, I played it in a few different media players (VLC, MediaMonkey, Foobar). It worked fine there, but for some reason Big Box wouldn't play it. So I tried making shortcuts to the music files directly and putting those in the Background folder, but Big Box doesn't like that either.

Is there no way to get Big Box to play shortcuts?