LaunchBox Community Forums

Images have all disappeared?

StevieW

Hey o/

Hoping someone can help, as it seems my entire weekend of messing with LB is wasted.

I've set up multiple Emulators and ROM's and imported all my ROM's and let it scrape pics etc. Most it found, the ones it didn't I googled, got images, imported etc, and last night when I finished, all was good. Approx 4k roms, all w/ pics etc.

I've loaded LB this evening, and noticed when I booted a game, when I came out of it, the pics were gone? The description was still there but no box art, screen shots, nothing. On further investigation, when I right click the game and choose edit, there are no pics saved at all. Oddly, it was showing a front pic in LB, maybe just from the cache?

So, I chose refresh all images, and now not even cached images are showing. Strangely, 2 of the 7 platforms still have all the images saved (N64 & Master System), but the other 5 (Amiga, NES, Megadrive, SNES, and Spectrum), are all missing?

Would really appreciate it if someone could help me figure out whats gone wrong?

Thank you :)

Oh, forgot to add, have gone into the image directories themselves, and they're definitely missing.

Edited by StevieW

Bah, I'm an idiot!

I spent a good hour on this, soon as I post asking for help I suss it. I'd changed the names of some of the platforms (ie 'Commodore Amiga' to 'Amiga') and it had confused LB as it was now looking for the images in the Amiga folder, not the Commodore Amiga I had originally scraped them to. Seems a quick folder rename and image refresh fixes it.

Oh well, hi anyway, I'm new here, as is plain to see :$

18 minutes ago, StevieW said:

Bah, I'm an idiot!

I spent a good hour on this, soon as I post asking for help I suss it. I'd changed the names of some of the platforms (ie 'Commodore Amiga' to 'Amiga') and it had confused LB as it was now looking for the images in the Amiga folder, not the Commodore Amiga I had originally scraped them to. Seems a quick folder rename and image refresh fixes it.

Oh well, hi anyway, I'm new here, as is plain to see :$

Hi, and welcome.

You can also go to tools/platforms/editplatform/folders and point it at any folder on your system rather than renaming the folders. Either way works just fine though.