LaunchBox Community Forums

Game DB - Suggestions

Massatomic

With updates to the games db scoring so highly in the poll, I Thought a thread with what people would like to see/suggestions might be a good idea.

I only recently discoverd that the games db bitbucket is seperate from the launchbox version, so the best place for actual request and up voting is over there.

https://bitbucket.org/jasondavidcarr/gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/issues/new

heres my ideas/wishlist

1) solution to seperated arcade platforms - from what i have seen this is in the works already, quite a few seperate arcade systems will be merged into on arcade platform

2) a way to sort db submissions by rejection status and see feedback - currently the db status page sorts submissions by the order they were lodged, this is painfull when you have just submitted 50 odd pages of submissions and a couple were rejected, its almost impossible to find where you went wrong. It would also be great to be able to easily see why your submissions are being rejected with feedback.

3) all changes to one title appear on one moderation page - currently if you add say ten images to a game already in the db, each one will require ten pages on moderation. Would be great if they came threw the same way meta data changers occur on one moderation page. This would also greatly help with naming changes, as when someone is removing a face name to add it to alternate you just have to hope that the next job in the moderation que is the re adding of the offical name.

4)moderation que size - quality of life adjustment but a moderation que size counter to the accounts page may help people know that we are getting behind in changes

5) moderator edits - moderators should be able to edit and resubmit a change for moderation. Sometimes there are typos, or someone leaves the wiki reference hyperlink brackets in overview. Would be great to be able to quickly fix any problems and re submitt it instaed of accepting/rejecting depending on the error. Same goes with image catgories, i see alot of reconstruced art that is trying to replace offical media(carts espcially) instead of just rejecting them moderators should be able to change the feild to accomadate them.

6) rom hacks and homebrew - needs a home

7) hash/crc checks for scraping - i dont want to scrape and replace all media for a platform. There is some great fixes to media takeing place in the db, the only way for a user to apply these updates it to redownload the entire platform media. This is excessivly waste full as 95% of the media would not need to be redownloaded. It puts pressure on the db server and eats up users download quotas.

8) platform meta data needs attention/ and or a way to to edit

9)moderators to be able to see previous rejection reasons for game creation/deletion ques - would help if a game is being kept in limbo without the 3 postive votes needed for it to pass moderation, could even leave a note to next moderator to check the discord for discussion on said entry.....

thats all i can think of for now, sorry for the terrible spelling/punctuation, i am typing this with one finger on an ipad while i work

Do you any ideas of your own? Or better ways of implemnting some of my ideas?

• Like 1