LaunchBox Community Forums

Daphne issues in Launchbox

zorkiii

Hi, I followed the instructions on the official Launchbox video for setting up Daphne and adding games ( at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh17Nr3GRnA ) and I was able to get everything working for the standard games, and launching fine in Launchbox.

However when I moved on to adding the other games (.txt files) in the vldp_dl, all of my original Daphne games disappeared and I was left with only the new ones I added..... 

I removed those new additions by deleting them, and then attempted adding the original games from the main vldp directory using the same steps, and for some reason it only imports RoadBlaster and Badlands.... 

The only other information I can think of that might be relevant, after I imported the games the first time successfully I renamed them in Launchbox, since they were named like "astron" or "bega" etc, and renamed them to their full names. 

Has anyone else run into these issues before? Any ideas on what I can try? It's really odd that it would have removed all my original games after importing the ones from vldp_dl, and then not import the originals back in (except for two).

Edited by zorkiii

I just renamed my previous Daphne folder to a .old extension, and downloaded everything from scratch again from step one. After importing the .txt files from the standard games that download through Daphne into Launchbox, it still only imports Badlands and Road Blaster. I left the other unnecessary files in there for the screenshot, I know I have to delete the readme.txt and road blaster.txt files yet.

Somehow Launchbox is filtering the other titles, not sure what is going on. Is there a log file I can review for the import process? Is it possible something didn't get cleared out from Launchbox from the previous issues? Hoping someone involved in development might have some input on this. Thanks!

daphne.PNG

One other piece of info, when attempting to launch Badlands I am receiving an error screen (attached). I was not receiving this error before the issues occurred.

Just to clarify, these were working properly and launching properly the first time I imported everything. The issues occurred only after I imported the other games from the vldp_dl folder, which wiped out all the other games. 

daphne error.png

• 3 weeks later...

I deleted all the Daphne games from Launchbox and added them in using the tutorial instructions from scratch once again, and still experiencing the same issue. I completely deleted my previous Daphne folder (local files downloaded and installed through the Daphne Loader) and am still having the issue. This is with the standard games from Daphne, and none of the others that aren't included like Dragon's Lair etc added. 

I can't think of anywhere else that information might be getting cached in Launchbox, or anywhere else I should look to clear out information or delete settings or something. I can play the games through the Daphne front end just fine,  but when I import the games into Launchbox for some reason only Badlands and Roadblasters imports, and are not playable through Launchbox (error above). Hoping someone in Launchbox development here might have some suggestions? Again this worked just fine the first time I imported everything using the steps in the video tutorial, this all went wrong when I attempted importing the remaining games that are not included in the standard daphne installer.