LaunchBox Community Forums

A Silly Question about Launchbox Instalation...

Hi guys, just a silly question about it.

Can i Install launchbox directly on Google Drive?

When i install Launchbox for the first time, it says it recommends you to install it on Dropbox / One drive / google drive, etc... but i don't know how.

Or i have to install it on C/ and then make a cut / paste on a folder in Google Drive? I don't want to have Launchbox in my computer...  i use different devices, that's why.

I just want to run / play my games from Launchbox in Google drive. Is this possible?

Sugestions please.

Thank you all...

I haven't done this specifically, but you can install LaunchBox to where you set up the folders for those services. You set up the folders then install LaunchBox to it. It will automatically backup to your account and you can pull it off from anywhere, upload and download permitting. I personally would rather manually back it up and keep it in a specific location. I also have WAY to many games, and too big of a LaunchBox install to pay one of those services monthly to keep it there. I do keep backups, but through Backblaze. Unlimited backups, $5 a month, and instead of only backing up LB it backs up my entire PC all together. LaunchBox just happens to work well in that location, but it's not the only location. In fact, I'm not sure it is recommended per se, for most users, especially if you have a decent sized library. So what Google Drive, or any of those services, ends up doing, is if you keep your account synced to multiple PC's you can keep your install synced, but the amount of space you get for free can be extremely limiting. If you only have it set up on one PC, it doesn't make any sense to use LaunchBox in this way at all, unless you're doing it just to keep backups, but again there are alternatives to that.