LaunchBox Community Forums

[EmuMovies] Locomalito Games Video Snaps Released

circo

595cddf6bebb9_LocomalitoGames.png.1c7748cae61eb12b8609ff90788ec026.png

We have some new media for Locomalito games released today.  If your not sure what these are check out the Locomalito website as all are free downloads save for the newest one Maldita Castilla EX which is available on Steam.  Today's updates include 18 new video snaps, a default platform video as well as gameplay and title snaps.  I had a ton of fun recording this set and I can't wait to get them installed in my front end.  This media is also being added to the Microsoft Windows collection which now has 5,933 video snaps.  The new Locomalito video snaps are available in HD (720p), HQ (480p) and SQ (240p).  HD and HQ packs are available via our EmuMovies FTP file server and the EmuMovies Sync service.

Videos Added - 18 @Circo

Captures, Edits & Encoding @Circo

• 8Bit Killer (2008)
  • Blokanoid (2007)
  • Endless Forms Most Beautiful (2012)
  • Game Jam (2015)
  • Gaurodan (2013)
  • Gort Ultimatum (2014)
  • Hydorah (2010)
  • l'Abbaye des Morts (2010)
  • Maldita Castilla (2012)
  • Maniac Aracs (2013)
  • Matilda Castilla EX (2016)
  • Red Spheres (2008)
  • Super Ninja Julia (2013)
  • The Curse of Issyos (2015)
  • Verminest (2012)
  • Verminian Trap (2013)
  • Viriax (2011)
  • Zneik (2007)

Grab the new video snaps and artwork immediately via:

EmuMovies Website (SQ Only)

Directly through your front-end or our app using EmuMovies Sync (HD, HQ & SQ)

EmuMovies File Server (FTP) (HD, HQ & SQ)

View the full article

Edited by circo

Mostly because not all front ends support it and it's not all that important when the systems in question never supported it.

I mean the xbox one s supports that color depth but we are not really there yet.

Edited by circo

5 minutes ago, circo said:

Mostly because not all front ends support it and it's not all that important when the systems in question never supported it.

But in this case who uses Launchbox wants the best that it can offer and is a standard to be followed.

If get the Progetto Snaps videos, you'll see they have the best current encode mode.

Anyone making videos in HD or FULLHD is not worried if frontend a or b support this.

Anyway, congratulations to the work.

Claudio

I did a comparison of the progretto when you posted on my site.  They arent really even comparable.  Color depth has zero to do with image quality

EmuMovies Sample

Progretto Sample

Please tell me how the second video is higher quality

Its a youtube comparison, when yt convert this, lost quality, because change incorrectly the color matrix. Progetto Snaps file is 288p file vs Emumovies 480p. Any difference for u?

2 snapshots samples for real videos:

SNAG-0188.thumb.png.78f274d9d43eb9fea9ba563bc07ee18d.pngSNAG-0189.thumb.png.fe17d7d43ab294fe4e1c4e990b813e1f.pngWhats better?? Remember, 288p vs 480p.

Progetto Snaps have better quality, color and definition.

Claudio

Granted thats one of our really old videos, hence the new mame project.  File size was much more of a priority back then.  But half the bitrate, resolution and frame rate are not a selling point.  We have replaced over half our videos in the past year already.  But to each their own.  If your on a small screen, low quality vids don't really matter

Edited by circo

Yes, I look the new mame project videos, very good and agree about file size priority.

My screen is 28º and 70º 4K. Encode various 4k Tekken 7 PC videos using YUV420 and YUV444. Never will use yuv420 again. Look fail for me but its preference only.

I wait for news mame encodes.

Claudio

1 hour ago, circo said:

I will say I have masters in 444 but not for a majority, I will try the umh method that you presented ;)

Very good read this Circo.

I live talking to staff makes encoder to learn new techniques and with you would not be different.

Did you encode the Emumovies videos? What software do you use? FFMPEG, AVCONV, X264 ??

I'm interested in learning more about your methods so I can test on my encodes.

Claudio