LaunchBox Community Forums

Great program for correcting screenshot aspect ratio

AnonymousMOS

I've always hated the way the screenshot output from emulators (DOSBox, WinVICE) for older games give you a squashed looking screenshot, and I'm sure many of you do too. There is a technical reason for this that I won't go into, but I do have a solution.  I was searching around today so I could try to fix all of my odd sized screenshots and found Fotosizer. I'm not sure of the rules of posting external links, even though it's not my software, but it's free and easy to find. For those of us that contribute screenshots to the database, I believe this will really help with the quality of the shot. I'm going to be uploading my shots with the aspect fixed.  All you have to do is drag and drop your shots to the program, set the software to do a stretched output, and set it to 640 width and 480 height. Hit start and they'll look like they're supposed to.  I can try to help if anyone needs it, because I really like the uniformity and professional look of the screenshots after correcting their aspect ratio.

Edited by Ranthalion75