LaunchBox Community Forums

title naming guidelines

moppedz

Hi, I am having problems moderating some changes to database entry naming.

The last one is  "The Need For Speed" for Playstation 1. https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/13308

The guidelines say as close to the official coverart. It was named "The Need For Speed" before, which fits best i would say.

But today i stumbled across a change from "The Need For Speed" to "Road & Track Presents: The Need for Speed".

To be honest, it is closer to the official coverart, but i think this is not really appropriate. The Name of the game is "The Need for Speed" and "Road & Track Presents:" is more

of an addition for commercial purposes, as the game was unknown back then, and they had to advertise it in some way to sell copies (from what i know is an NA cars magazine back then).

I don't know what to do with that change request. Personally this reads as wrong as possible, it does not "feel" like it is part of the name, but the guidelines don't really point out what actually is part of the name on a frontcover and what is not.

Also it can confuse the scraper, we have to add alternative names to the database just for the sake of adding useless additions to the name. Nobody called it that way back then, nobody does today. Maybe NFS1 or The Need For Speed 1.

Edit: Don't know how to remove that strange formatting, which comes from a database cooy&paste 

Edited by moppedz