LaunchBox Community Forums

"Input string was not in a correct format" error when selecting a game in LaunchBox

JamesBond@ge

I have been getting this error in the last day or so. Now this happens in LaunchBox when I just do a single click on a game.  Admittedly, I'm only on 7.11 but I'm not sure if that makes a difference.  I was on .Net 4.71 but I downgraded it to 4.62 to see if that helps but it hasn't. My install has been working happily for months. The last I remember doing was importing Tron 2.0 into the Windows platform. I did wonder if the "2.0" was tripping things up so I switched the XML for the platform to a backup done 2 days before and it still happens. Any help would be appreciated.

I have re-installed a 7.11 over the top of this install to see if that helps but no :-(

BigBox however, seems to be working fine.

Input string was not in a correct format.

App:     LaunchBox
Version: 7.11
Type:    System.FormatException
Site:    System.Object MarshaledInvoke(System.Windows.Forms.Control, System.Delegate, System.Object[], Boolean)
Source:  System.Windows.Forms

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at (MainForm , Game )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.MainForm.SetOneSelectedGameState(Game game)
   at (MainForm , Object , EventArgs )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Forms.MainForm.gamesControl_SelectedGameChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Controls.GamesControlBase.OnSelectedGameChanged()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Desktop.Controls.ImageGamesControl.<selectionTimer_Tick>b__63_0()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Recent Log:

6:58:15 PM Music.Pause Start
   6:58:15 PM Music.Prepare Start
   18:58:15 Music.Kill Start
   18:58:15 Music.Kill Finished
   18:58:15 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   6:58:15 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   6:58:33 PM Music.Pause Start
   6:58:33 PM Music.Prepare Start
   18:58:33 Music.Kill Start
   18:58:33 Music.Kill Finished
   18:58:33 Music.NotifyTrackList Start
   6:58:33 PM Music.NotifyTrackList Invoke
   6:58:42 PM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Start
   6:58:42 PM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailRating
   6:58:42 PM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailFileName
   6:58:42 PM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailCustomFields
   6:58:42 PM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailLastPlayed
   6:58:42 PM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailNotes
   6:58:42 PM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails Before ShowDetailDates
   6:58:42 PM GameDetailsGui.RedrawDetails End
   6:58:45 PM Exception

Here I just do a single left click on a game to highlight it, and then pause, and up comes the error message.

Edited by JamesBond@ge

I think I may have fixed the problem but I'd love to know what may have caused it.

I switched the "Metadata" XML file back to a backup that I made 4 days previously and that seems to have done the trick. 

So it seems that when I tried to import Tron 2.0 into Windows, LaunchBox did the old "updating metadata" thing from the server and that Metadata file was causing the crash.

Would love to know what happened here.  To the tune of George Michael's I'm Never Going To Dance Again, I was thinking that "I'm Never Going To Import Again" lol.

Crazy I may be, but I fixed my own problem so that makes me a crazy genius and all in time for Sky Force Reloaded which is coming out on Steam tommorow and I am buying that mofo on day one. http://store.steampowered.com/app/667600/Sky_Force_Reloaded/

Shump. Not Shmup.

Edited by JamesBond@ge