LaunchBox Community Forums

Mame import process - long time since I did it, still a recommended way to do it?

cleverest

Using a 0.192 SPLIT rom set...I have many chds that will hopefully work fine with it too from older sets...

It's been a while since I imported to launchbox the arcade platform, but many of my roms are broken and I end up having to replace them places online for some unknown reason, then they work...so I'm sick of checking and manually fixing 4,200+ plus games this way...anyways, I'll delete the older roms and import the new roms, but using the LB wizard, what is pros and cons of each (skip this or that) method offered, just wondering if anyone has advice or a explanation in detail of what I'm omitting when I chose to not import clones for example..I know some full games must be lost (puckman.pac-man) comes to mind from what I've read...

Also is there an up to date working IMPORT add-on I can use to get more detailed control of this IMPORT PROCESS vs. the default LB method?  Thanks.