LaunchBox Community Forums

WinVice Does Load "*" But Then Sits At C64 Ready Prompt

C64Crazy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post

To hold me over until I get GameBase Commodore 64 V15 Roms, I managed to get the V3 ROMs. Unzipped properly, leaving the individual ROMs still zipped. When I launch the game with Launchbox via WinVice it shortly loads with the usual "*" but doesn't run. Just sits at the C64 Ready command prompt. I've got a few hand picked ROMs from elsewhere that load and auto run properly, so obviously something is different with the gamebase ROMs. I have yet to look into their zips to see what file type they are, but I'm guessing they're going to be something different. Any idea how to set Winvice to auto run these files? BTW probably makes no difference, but the hand picked ROMs I got elsewhere are setup under a different platform and folder in lb, but it and V3 still use the same Winvice emulator. Thinking the issue is lb needs a different Winvice launch command to make it autoload and run gamebase'd particular c64 file format?
Edited by C64Crazy

Update: The files are T64 and D64 zipped files, same as my hand picked ones from elsewhere that do auto run. Have no clue why the V3 Gamebase roms won't auto start for me. I've even tried loading WinVice on it's own and not in lb, then attaching a D64 disk image and nothing, but my roms from elsewhere will auto start with this method too. There must be something different about the game base roms. They'll load on the C64, they just won't auto run.

Btw sorry for the highlighted text. Don't know why editor is doing that.

Edited by C64Crazy