LaunchBox Community Forums

Big box slows when going from the platform categories screen to the platforms screen

rhylek

Hi,

I got this problem : when in Big box, each time I select a platform category, it goes very very slowly to the platform selection screen. It doesn't slow anywhere else (for example, when I select a platform and go to the game selection screen). Is it a known bug?

I don't think that's a performance thing. I haven't use Launchbox for a few month, and I didn't have any problem back then (It was on an 10-year old computer).
I run now on a Intel Core5-6600K CPU @3,50GHz, Asus Z170 motherboard with 16Gb DDR4-2666 ram and a GEForce GTX 1070.
This happens with every theme I tested.  

Yeah, that's why I mentioned listing the specs. Helps quickly anyone who sees it. Not sure on the issue. I do not recall seeing this specific issue. There have been reports of it being slow in several areas when selecting game, platform, or platform category. I am not sure if anyone has reported it only being slow when selecting a platform.

I have two pc with similar specs i5-6600k/16GB/gtx1070 and i7-7700K/32GB/GTX1080 and have no lag issues like you reported. Is this a recent set-up?  You can try to use the force all images cache in the BigBox settings. It has been recommended on prior posts about slow BigBox. Depending on your collection size it can take a bit to cache. 

Edited by Retro808