LaunchBox Community Forums

A few newbie questions

gldoorii

Hey guys. I've been playing around with emulators for many years, but I'm pretty new to using Launchbox. I'm really enjoy it and have found answers to some questions I had, but I have a few more I need help with.

1) I'm very OCD with organization and I try to keep all the front/back box art the same region so they all match as I scroll through. (I'm in the US). When I go into a game's details and scroll through the artwork I will right click and remove any EUR/JPN covers that were downloaded unless that's all that is available for the game. I notice in the Images folder in the Launchbox directory the artwork still remains. Is there a way to have Launchbox delete this stuff I'm removing so it's not taking up space on my HDD? I tried using the Clean Up Images feature thinking that's what it's for, but the artwork stays in the Images folder and I have to delete them manually.

2) I've been using individual emulators for each console/handheld and just recently starting messing around with Retroarch. I went into Manage Emulators and removed the individual console emulators and made sure Retroarch was the default for each system, but the games wont run unless I edit each game and change its emulator to Retroarch. Is there a way to blanket change an entire console/handheld to another emulator or do I need to delete them and re-import them again with Retroarch as the selected emulator?

3) I use a 360 controller and I'm never able to bind buttons to the top back triggers. Why is that? It's like they don't exist.

Thanks for any responses and help!

High and welcome to the community. :) 

1) If you go to Tools/Options/Region priorities you can set your preferred region there and this will effect imports also.

5a563b69bd6df_Screenshot(242).thumb.png.4b22c7ccf974cb22e5feb7d37890817c.png2) If you need to change the emulator for a full system you can use the bulk edit wizard. Just click on a game then ctrl a to highlight them all then right click a game and choose edit, this will open the bulk edit wizard, just choose emulator in the first dropdown then your emulator in the second.

3) The anolog triggers do not work in Bigbox unfortunately.