LaunchBox Community Forums

Custom Filters questions

zorkiii

I just started using the Custom Filters option in Big Box with my Arcade/Mame collection and am really liking it. I was trying to think of a way to find 3-4 player games a little easier and the filter of Play Mode contains 4 appears to pull anything up that has the that assigned to it. Just helps when there are a few friends over and we're looking for something new to play for multiple people.

I think I saw in either a video, or a thread somewhere that it was being discussed to add a 'Save Filter' function so we can add a few custom filters to pull up. Just curious if there is any plan for this?

Also wondering if there are any limits to the amount of filters that can be combined in a single go? I was thinking of how you might be able to use a custom filter to add a list of games in Arcade/Mame that fit some random criteria (stuff I like or that my group of friends liked) and then add each game individually with a filter... this of course would be saved and then accessed via the Custom Filter search in Big Box to pull up that list. Just would be helpful for some of the systems that have so many games to go through. I'm already using favorites to have starred items show up first, but saved filters seem like they'd be pretty useful for me.

Edited by zorkiii
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1