LaunchBox Community Forums

Banners back and logos lost

FRK

What's up with this thing...

Now I come to play and find Banners are back after I painstakingly removed them all with the old xxx.jpg text file and the logos (some not all) have reverted back to old style from the new oval type I installed.

The trouble is I can't find where these things have come from as I deleted (thought I had) from my drive..

HELP!!!!

Hi

I had a good look and the items I was using are still there, but for some reason they have reverted back to the original theme I was using... did the usual refresh.. 

as you can see the button for Sega Classics (and all classics) has reverted back to old style and on Sega CD (and others) the banner is back..

What a pain as I had it all how I wanted it..

mike's.png

Edited by FRK

When I installed the theme I created [sic] my own ...

I stated a new folder containing all the files, and yes I think it was the default platform video's, and then I copied across logos and all changed just as I thought it would..

All was good, then whoosh all changed.

I have been able to change the logos back but it means copying over the round ones over the clear logos...(deleting the clear with the round)

as for Banners, again one minute they were gone..now back...but I originally they were not all there, so maybe its repopulated back from the original..

Whats you think ?

Mike

Hey Mike, So to understand how the clear logos and banners work you need to know the way the files work also where LaunchBox first adds a new systems Clear Logo and Banner so.....

First the scraped Clearlogos and Banners etc. go to ----> C:\Users\........\LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\Arcade(or what ever platform)\Clear Logo. or Banners... and these will be the standard ones used in BigBox, So you shouldn't really change them here.

Now there is a theme called Default and in there is a folder ----> C:\Users\.......\LaunchBox\Themes\Default\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo. or Banners... but inside the folders they are empty (apart from a ReadMe file), again you shouldn't really add them here as that will make them the new standard logos / banners.

So in a newly downloaded theme or a copy of the default theme to make your own theme, you can add your new Clear Logos / Banners in there ----> C:\Users\......\LaunchBox\Themes\(your new theme name)\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo. or Banners....

Hope this makes sense I know its a long winded reply but I'm not sure where you have been adding your logos / banners so thought it best to explain first. So if you check your folders in that order you should be able to see which ones are getting used. ohh and Don't forget to Refresh the image cache everytime you want to use new Clear Logos.... Options---->Image Cache---->Refresh Platform Wheel Cache

18 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Hey Mike, So to understand how the clear logos and banners work you need to know the way the files work also where LaunchBox first adds a new systems Clear Logo and Banner so.....

First the scraped Clearlogos and Banners etc. go to ----> C:\Users\........\LaunchBox\Images\Platforms\Arcade(or what ever platform)\Clear Logo. or Banners... and these will be the standard ones used in BigBox, So you shouldn't really change them here.

Now there is a theme called Default and in there is a folder ----> C:\Users\.......\LaunchBox\Themes\Default\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo. or Banners... but inside the folders they are empty (apart from a ReadMe file), again you shouldn't really add them here as that will make them the new standard logos / banners.

So in a newly downloaded theme or a copy of the default theme to make your own theme, you can add your new Clear Logos / Banners in there ----> C:\Users\......\LaunchBox\Themes\(your new theme name)\Images\Platforms\Clear Logo. or Banners....

Hope this makes sense I know its a long winded reply but I'm not sure where you have been adding your logos / banners so thought it best to explain first. So if you check your folders in that order you should be able to see which ones are getting used. ohh and Don't forget to Refresh the image cache everytime you want to use new Clear Logos.... Options---->Image Cache---->Refresh Platform Wheel Cache

Have a look at this, FRK Theme is the one I am using, and I have the logo with the right name and position in the folders, and refreshed a few times...

What am I doing wrong ???

mike 2.png

I haven't separated my Arcade rom set but there is a chance that the clear logos could be in a playlist folder a bit like......

C:\Users\......\LaunchBox\Themes\TRK Theme\Images\Playlists\Clear Logo

or

C:\Users\.......\LaunchBox\Images\Playlists\Capcom Classics\Clear Logo

If not go into LaunchBox and right click the Capcom Classics platform and click Edit and take a look at where the Clear Logo is saved currently, then you can add the file system with your new Clear Logo to your theme and it will then show. 

36 minutes ago, Rincewind said:

I haven't separated my Arcade rom set but there is a chance that the clear logos could be in a playlist folder a bit like......

C:\Users\......\LaunchBox\Themes\TRK Theme\Images\Playlists\Clear Logo

or

C:\Users\.......\LaunchBox\Images\Playlists\Capcom Classics\Clear Logo

If not go into LaunchBox and right click the Capcom Classics platform and click Edit and take a look at where the Clear Logo is saved currently, then you can add the file system with your new Clear Logo to your theme and it will then show. 

Found the little blighters... all changed and working...

No.2. As I have 50+ banners reappeared is it worth continuing with the XXX.txt files as I have previously done or wait for a software update which (if I'm lucky) have a switch to turn the dam things off..??

Mike

Thanks for your help....