LaunchBox Community Forums

Launchbox won't launch

toadz

Recently formatted the computer, reinstalled free version of launchbox through alternate site. Have licence which I copied over to folder. Managed to launch launchbox/bigbox first day. Haven't been able to load since. Don't receive error of any kind, just refuses to open. When opened initially, was extremely slow. Sent email few weeks ago for link to download launchbox, haven't received an email yet. Wondering if there is a solution? Will send another email and hope for the best. Love the program but can't use it. 

Thanks,

Steve

• 4 months later...

Did downloading again actually resolve this issue with LaunchBox not starting? I've discovered a similar issue where I've downloaded/installed/run okay from one computer, but after copying the installer to another machine, and installing there, LaunchBox will either not start at all, or if it does, it takes ages to load. I don't understand how it could make any difference downloading the installer again.

And (this should probably go in as a separate post), did you have any issues after applying your license? After first installing and running LaunchBox, and having it scan for all my Steam games, I realised I hadn't applied my premium license file. So, I closed LaunchBox, and dropped the xml into the LaunchBox folder. However, upon opening it again (which takes ages), although my name does now appear at the top-left (i.e. license has been applied properly), it has somehow deleted all of the games it scanned before - it's opened as if it was a fresh installation, and I've had to run the scan all over again. That just doesn't seem right to me,