LaunchBox Community Forums

Big Box Giving Problems w/ Xbox One Controller

jamievlong

For some odd reason recently, when I would launch Big Box, as soon as it loads it just auto scrolls really fast and when you press back trying to exit Big Box, it wont let you scroll down to Exit. Its almost like as if when you hold and analog stick to the left and when a console starts up it thinks that the starting point and so it just goes to the left automatically. For Big Box, I use my Xbox One controller and use it via bluetooth. I had a hunch that maybe it was the controller, so as Big Box was doing its auto scroll I removed the batteries. The auto scroll stopped. I was then able to use a keyboard and scroll through and select like normal. I've tried a few things. I removed the controller from Bluetooth then re-synced it and it still does it. This started when I began using OBS to screen capture game play and I had a theory Big Big didn't like when I alt-tabbed between OBS and Big Box. Not sure if that actually did anything, but I figured I'd mention it since I'm sure more information helps you all help me. Anyways. I also tested out some games on Steam and everything works great with the controller. No auto scroll in games' menus or characters automatically moving to a direction. 

Edited by jamievlong

Ok so I solved it. 

I just ended up downloading Launch Box again and moved the Big Box app shortcut to the current folder.

I found out why that auto scroll was happening. Apparently my Xbox One controller's Left Button was stuck pressed down. I found this out by starting up a game(SMB 64 DS) just using Launch Box instead of Big Box and when I was running outside the castle yard, every time I would try to turn left or right using the analog stick, it would try and turn the camera. In SMB 64 DS, holding down L and pressing left or right turns the camera. So I was like, "Great, now something changed all my bindings". I then immediately tried pressing down on the LB and realized, "oh shoot, its stuck". After getting unstuck, it solved that camera problem and I thought, "...wait a sec, maybe this is causing that issue with Big Box". Guess what? It was. Big Box works great and now I'm happy.