LaunchBox Community Forums

Unraid

MrBrac

So before I got all in this launchbox stuff, I was into plex and media server stuff. 

Right now my pc is my plex server I got about 5-6 libraries (tv, anime, movies etc) I got over 10TB of content. I got about nearly 600gb of games retro only. (like 400 on steam).

So my new goal is to build an Unraid server in March with Ryzen cpu 8 cores baby. The neat thing was at the time I was just focused on a NAS server/plex server / automated downloader / Comic/ebook reader.

I came to realize I can in install a Windows 7 VM(10 is garbage past 1609) do a gpu passthrough and I can have a windows 7 anywhere I go. That means I can push all my retro games and launchbox and have Launchbox on demand.

I will post more when I actually build the server. But right now I am aiming for Ryzen 1700x /16gb ram / 40tb space  , Dont know gpu yet.

• 3 months later...

Hey I had so many problems with my VM namely nvidia shutting my vm gpu down. That I never got around to making big box work on my windows 10 vm. Though it did have massive lag and did not perform well in this environmen at all. Unraid pretty good but  chaotic when your new. I got my media server all set up. One day I will get the games working.