LaunchBox Community Forums

Additional Apps - Use Emulator AND Extra Arguments

akatoosh

So, this may not necessariy be asking for help as much as a feature request, but regardless I'll ask in case there is a solution.

Basically, I use CEMU emulator, and I have multiple save folders on my computer for multiple users. I load each of these with a command line argument in cemu. Launchbox's additional apps feature doesn't allow for command line arguments when you check "use emulator" so I have to type the full path of the emulator as well as the arguments I want to use (not exactly the intended use of additional apps but it works). 

This works fine, except for one thing- the "escape" shortcut to close the emulator that I set through launchbox in the emulator settings doesn't work (presumably since I'm not loading the emulator like launchbox wants me to.)

I hope I've made this clear enough, but I can provide more details or screenshots on request. 

So in short: additional apps doesn't support extra command line arguments while "use emulator" box is checked. 

15 hours ago, Lordmonkus said:

Instead of using additional apps what about just adding new emulators to LB that point to the same Cemu install but with a different name and command line parameters ?

Cemu User 1
Cemu User 2
Cemu User 3

For example. You can then choose which emulator loads using the Launch With... function.5a8bbe4765e1d_2018-02-2001_20_21-LaunchBoxPremium.thumb.png.7f7270e0d07c47ffdae59423509988d7.png

Thanks a bunch! That's a great idea and would also not require me to edit the additional apps for every game that uses separate profiles.