LaunchBox Community Forums

Using Specific Images for games

FakedPotato

I am sure this question has been answered on here, I couldnt find it though.

I am doing a big box build, I use EmuSync to download videos, artwork Etc.

Often, there are games that dont have a background in bigbox. Itll have the Box art, clear logo and video,

but no background for the game on Bigbox, So I find an image I want for it online, and place it in a folder, then it appears.

BUT, for some games I dont like the backgrounds that EmuSync Downloads, So i find my own, place it in the same folder as

I described above, then other images still show up from EmuSync, its like they rotate them out because theres more than one.

Is bigbox configured to pull multiple locations for background images, and if so, is there anyway to narrow that down to one location?

Example: for SNES, can it pull from just the folder Images/Fanart Backgrounds? That way I could always put sets/add new photos to just one

Emulator specific folder.

• 3 years later...

It does pull from multiple locations. Open LaunchBox/Tools/Options/Media/Background Priorities. You can either change the order in which LaunchBox and BigBox search for the images to be used, and they'll use the first image found, or select only one location. Each of the options correspond to a folder found at ../LaunchBox/Images/[Platform].