LaunchBox Community Forums

SF30 Pro not being picked up by Win10

Chumpalot

Hi all,

I had the above controller delivered yesterday.  Got really excited only to find out Windows doesn't see it at all over Bluetooth.   If I connect via USB all is good (Street Fighter II is amazing) but I can't get it to work via BT.  I've tried starting the gamepad with both DInput and Xinput.   The Bluetooth module on the motherboard is 4.0 compatible and it can see other devices nearby such as my TV and Sonos speaker.

I tried connecting the SF30 to my Macbook and it recognises it and pairs straight away, no problem.

Thought I'd see if anyone had any similar issues before I go ahead and order a bluetooth adapter.  My motherboard is a MSI Z97i Gaming ACK.  I have the latest drivers are installed (although they're from late 2016...)

Cheers
Chumpalot.

Edited by Chumpalot

Hmm that's a strange one, I have the same controller and it connects just fine on my PC although I am using a generic dongle I picked up in my local Tesco years ago.

Sounds like it may me a weird compatibility issue with your motherboard, but I cant confirm that as its not the motherboard I have, but it does work on PC.

Screenshot (417).png

Just now, Chumpalot said:

I think the issue is definitely to do with the motherboard.  Would you mind telling me what bluetooth adapter you're using please?

sorry I honestly don't know what my adapter is, i got it in a supermarket for about £5 probably 7-8 years ago and it has no markings on it, its just a black dongle. 

Windows shows no helpful information either.

5ab660757ddca_Screenshot(418).thumb.png.d687083fca80da138ec751a44132cbfc.png5ab66079447fa_Screenshot(419).thumb.png.93dccdae190dbb2f75e0949b5acb9366.png5ab6607ec2492_Screenshot(420).thumb.png.102ee496061ed8b693757fd3308b5a9f.png

• Thanks 1

Update: I bought one of these from Amazon and after wrestling wirh disabling the onboard bluetooth and installing the new USB adapter I finally managed to get it working.  You don't need the files on the mini CD provided.  Windows 10 should just pick it up.  

I must say it works great and response seems to be very good.  Street Fighter is a different game altogether compared to using the Xbox 360 d-pad.

Hopefully this helps others who are having issues with this gamepad and their onboard Bluetooth.

Cheers.

edit: fixed the link

Edited by Chumpalot
  • Like 2