LaunchBox Community Forums

Ryzen 3 2200G Build

NJDave71

So I have been watching a few @ETAPRIME videos and decided to upgrade my CPU gulp......

• RYZEN 3 2200G.
  • GIGABYTE AB350M-DS3H (V1.0) MOBO
  • G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400

I have never upgraded a CPU or even replaced MOBO.   I usually just buy the completed system. 

I elected to USE my POWER SUPPLY, DVD-ROM and SSD and HDD.

It took me about an hour to remove the old MOBO and Put in the New MOBO with all it's various cables, wires and plugs oh my......

Install a fresh copy of WINDOWS 64 in 15 min and then another 20 minutes to just to grab all the updates (not bad)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I change the BIOS to Fast boot (Although their is an ultra fast Setting that i might try) I am fine waiting 5 seconds.
I have all the games and emulators on their own HDD drive and now begin the painful process of getting all the emulators to play nice

Who needs .NET 2.0, Direct X 9.0 (Even though I have Direct X 12 and .NET 4.7). 

Once I have everything running 100% I can test performance to if I made the right choice to upgrade and I will share my experience....

If you are running RYZEN 3 2200G please share your experience......