LaunchBox Community Forums

Help with Steam Import

ninjapiratecat

I downloaded Mortal Combat X on Steam. I hadn't actually clicked to play the game yet on Steam before I added it to my LaunchBox but it had finished fully downloading. LaunchBox said the game was successfully added but it does not exist in my library. When I went back and clicked to play Mortal Combat X on Steam there was a further installation of some files for the game. I tried to re-add the game to LaunchBox but it is not finding Mortal Combat X via the wizard. I went to audit on LaunchBox and it's not there on the list either. I couldn't find a way to search for a Steam game via a specific file and I may have messed up by adding Mortal Combat X when it finished downloading but before actually playing it and running the final install files. Is there any way for me to get this game still on my LaunchBox?

I dont think it is you actually doing anything wrong, it is Steam. I wish I could recall were I read it but Steam recently changed something which IIRC broke things in LB (Valve has a habit of doing this) I am not sure if the LB guys will even bother fixing it as Steam changes stuff in its backend all the time. It may have been I read it on one of the guys YouTube videos either unbroken softwares or ETAPrimes own channel 

Oh ok, thanks for the info. I was worried I messed up by not playing it on Steam first. Simpler games don’t install any extra stuff when you click play so I didn’t think of it at the time. 

I have all my other Steam games on LB. I will have to see if this happens with other new games I buy and try to add to LB. This was the first new game I tried to add after I previously imported over all my Steam games. It said it successfully added Mortal Combat X too which is strange since it doesn’t actually exist in LB. 

It’s too bad since it’s one of the games I’m using for a video game party so will have to exit LB to play it. It would be nice to have all my Steam games on LB/BB but I guess it isn’t a big deal. 

Thanks for the help.