LaunchBox Community Forums

Trimming down my collection/storage footprint

mpfjr

Edit:  I found a thread on the same topic.   

I still think it should be easier than it is and as mentioned in the other thread it doesn't delete everything.  Videos for example, which would take up the most room, are not deleted. :(

I have large collections of roms that contain many many games that I don't like or will never play.  I want to go through each emulator platform and delete the games.   So I started doing that by looking it in thumbnail mode and control-clicking on each game to delete and then pressing delete to eliminate 20 or so at a time.  

But then I go into the folder where the roms are and it appears that it only deletes it from launchpad not the roms directory.

Is there any quick method to delete the game from launchpad but also from the roms folder and also delete all associated art work with it?

If you have a step by step procedure for this I'd appreciate it very much.

Coming from Emulation Station on Retropie I was able to go into edit meta data and delete the game and it would also physically delete the rom which worked great but it wouldn't delete the artwork. 

I'd like to get the 2TB size of my setup down substantially and I can easily accomplish that if I can delete games without having to go into the folder and delete them manually one at a time.

Edited by mpfjr